Privacy Notice for Candidates
What is the purpose of this Privacy Notice?
Shanahan Engineering are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. Shanahan Engineering is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment process.
Data privacy principles:
We will comply with data privacy law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you
- Not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with our recruitment process and / or your application for work with us, we will collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided to us in your resume / curriculum vitae and / or covering letter
- The information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, employment history, salary information, confirmation of your eligibility to work, and qualifications
- Any information you provide to us during an interview
- Any test results which we may carry out as part of the recruitment process
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records
- Information about criminal convictions and offences
How is your personal information collected?In addition to collecting information directly from you, we may also collect personal information about candidates from third parties in connection with the recruitment process, including recruitment agencies, background check providers, credit reference agencies, your named references, or other publicly available sources such as LinkedIn.
How we will use information about you?
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications and suitability for the role that you have applied for
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process
- Keep records related to our hiring processes
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements
It is in our legitimate interest to use the personal information we collect about you to decide whether to appoint you to that role since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to that role. We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment or for services with you. Having received your resume / CV or application and where applicable, any test results, we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview. If we decide to contact you for an interview, we will use the information you provided to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we may then contact references and / or where applicable carry out a criminal record check and / or carry out any other checks which may be necessary before confirming your appointment.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require a credit check or references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.